Run Printer Troubleshooter
Printers are common devices but they are highly prone to issues and technical troubles. In fact it becomes really difficult and frustrating when that printer does not work. Especially during emergencies when you urgently need to print a document but your printer would not support. This is the reason it is highly advisable that you run printer troubleshooter for all minor or major issues that you are facing with the printer so it does not break down suddenly. So, better solve those minor issues before they take shape into serious troubles. However, if you still are faced with a technical glitch you should have some idea about the functioning of the printer so that you can troubleshoot those issues. If you will call a technician or take the printer to a repair shop it will take a lot of time. So, rather than looking for external help you should have a basic knowledge of common printer issues. This will help you quickly fix those technical glitches by yourself.
Common Printer Problems and How to Fix them
How to Fix Printer Problems in Windows 10
Some common tips to diagnose and troubleshoot Printer Problems in Windows 10:
For common printer issues, running a Printer Troubleshooter could be a great help as it diagnose printer problems as it solves most of the problems. If you are facing issue with the software then go for Printer troubleshooter and all the communication problems between your printer and computer will be solved.
For that follow the mentioned steps:
- Open the settings app by clicking on the ‘Windows + I’ option.
- Click ‘Update’, ‘Security’ and then ‘Troubleshoot’.
- Click Start then type troubleshoot
- The click the Troubleshooting link that appears then scroll down to Printer.
- Then next window will open where you have to click Advanced
- Then Run as administrator and Click Next and find the printer that you want to troubleshoot, then click next again.
Now, once you have done that a tool will appear and will automatically detect and fix all the troubles that have been causing problems with your printer.
How to Install Printer Driver
Microsoft offers a wide range of printer drivers that are readily available for download and installation. Usually, the printer drivers are installed automatically. However, if that does not happen you have to do it manually. So, go ahead and install the driver:
- Search online for relevant driver software. For that, right-click your Windows Start menu button and click Settings.
- Then click Devices > Printers & Scanners and after that click Add a printer or scanner.
- Wait for Windows to scan your device for the printer once that is done download the driver for your software.
- Now, Follow the on-screen instructions and update your drivers.
- Once that is done right right-click Windows Start menu and click View > Show hidden devices
- Right-click on your device and click Update driver.
- Once that is done right click on update driver > Browse my computer for driver software and then the driver will be installed.
If it does not automatically troubleshoot the problem or can’t detect or fix the issues, then you should update or reinstall the printer’s driver
How to Reinstall Printer Driver
If the driver is still not installed and you’re facing problem with the update then you will need to remove all the previously installed drivers from your printer and below the re-installation again. For that you have to follow the below mentioned steps:
- Open the settings and then press ‘Windows + I’.
- Then navigate to the ‘Devices’>>’Printers and Scanners’.
- Once that is done find your printer model and select it to see the advanced options. When you click on it and you will see the options and click ‘Remove Device’ button.
- Go the ‘Start’ menu and enter ‘Printer Management’ and then enter button and Delete all the printers.
Now, once all that is done restart your computer and Plug back the printer cable and install the printer drivers.
How to Solve Printer Problem
When you give your Printer a command to print it ‘queues’ your print jobs, and if one job fails for some reason then your entire process of printing will be stopped. In this case, you will need to fix the problem that where one document is holding up the print queue and causing the issue. For that, you will need to follow the mentioned steps:
- Click the Start button and then press Control Panel and then from the given Devices choose your printers by Double-clicking on it.
- Now, the status column has appeared, you will see if there is any print job that has failed
- Once found the failed job Right-click on it select Cancel from the pop-up menu.
- Then confirm by clicking yes and this job will be deleted and all the other commands will resume.
Check if the Wi-Fi is Disabled
Sometimes, we mistakenly disable the Wi-Fi so in that case the first thing is to diagnose the connection.
- To do that simply right-click on the network icon in the task bar and choose it or you can open the search box and type it in there and open Network and Sharing Center.
- Now find the wireless connection at the top and click on the blue link:
- A new dialog will pop up and here you’ll see there is a Diagnose button. Go ahead and click on that and let Windows try to fix it for you.
Reconnect to the same W-Fi network:
- Open the Start Menu and click on Settings.
- Click on Network and Internet.
- Choose Wi-Fi from the menu on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Click on Manage known networks.
- Highlight the name of the network you want to forget.
- Click on Forget.
So, whatever the issue may be with your printer run the printer troubleshooter windows 10 and it diagnose printer problems and resolves most of the problems.